Many thanks to everyone who joined us for the 2019 Denver Center for International Studies Foundation Passport Dinner: the Magic of Morocco!
Thanks to your generosity, we raised more than $35,000 for student travel scholarships and cultural activities at home and abroad. Students of the four DCIS schools will be able to experience the world outside the classroom — thanks to you!
Guests enjoyed cocktails and dinner in the beautiful museum atrium, shared in the celebration of the evening’s honorees, and showed their support for travel and cultural exchange in our paddle raiser.
Student art work (and adorable elementary school thank you notes) was on display. Guests also stopped by the Magic of Morocco selfie station to snap a photo!
Special thanks to:
- Our generous event sponsors;
- Our lovely emcee from Que Bueno radio;
- Garrity Productions for your work on our new video;
- Matthew Brandt the roving magician;
- DCIS student musicians and DCIS student ambassadors who volunteered their time;
- Our student speakers for sharing their travel stories;
- The evening’s Honorees:
- Melanie Grant Global Ambassador Award: Gabriela Cornejo Figueroa, Native of Chile
- Community Ambassador Award: Amy Schwartz, BuildStrong Education
- Student/Alumni Ambassador Award: Joanne Schwartz, Civitas
- The DCIS Event Board of Directors and Event Planning Committee
- All those who worked so hard to make the evening a success.
Thank you! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for more event photos.