The DCIS Foundation board of directors had its annual retreat in Estes Park yesterday. We’re proud to say that we accomplished all of our goals last year, and are so excited about the year ahead!
Here are the goals we met:
1. Tell our story: We updated our website with a new “student stories” page, produced a video, created a 3-year foundation report, boosted our social media pages and honed our messaging.
2. Cultivate alumni: We hosted an alumni dinner, hosted an alumni event and designated specific alumni tables at our annual gala event in the spring.
3. Meet or exceed the fundraising budget: WE DID IT! We exceeded our fundraising budget by **6%**.
4. Seek out opportunities to expand cross-cultural experiences: We enabled 14 low-income DCIS-Baker high school students to attend a cultural play at Su Teatro; enabled every single DCIS-Fairmont student in grades 1-5 to participate in local cultural experiences and overnight field trips; supported DCIS-Ford’s Global Arts Club; supported DCIS-Ford’s Chinese New Year Celebration; met with DCIS-Ford to explore additional cross-cultural experiences and ideas; sent a class of DCIS-Baker students to Canyonlands for a cultural writing experience; and supported two DCIS-Baker students on their trip to Africa with the Global Livingston Institute.
5. Increase board meeting attendance: We boosted attendance from 69% in 2013-2014 to 84% in 2014-2015.
Friends, thank you for all of your support this past year. We look forward to many great things to come as we expose more DCIS students to travel and culture opportunities, both at home and abroad!